If you’ve found yourself on this page, it’s likely you’re considering a dumpster rental. Great choice! Whether you’re cleaning out your home, undergoing a renovation, or managing a construction site, a dumpster can make waste management a breeze. However, like any service, there are some common pitfalls to be aware of. At D. Barry Rubbish Inc., we’ve served Westchester, Dutchess, and Putnam counties since 2005, and we’re here to share our expertise. Let’s dive into the most common mistakes people make and how you can avoid them.
- Underestimating Size Needs: Often, individuals underestimate the amount of junk they have. Choosing a 6 cubic yard dumpster might seem sufficient, but if your waste surpasses the capacity, you’ll find yourself in a fix. Conversely, don’t overspend on a 30 cubic yard container when a smaller one would suffice.
Tip: Assess your waste first and consult with our team to get a size recommendation.
- Overlooking Prohibited Items: While dumpsters can handle a vast array of waste types, there are specific items that most dumpster rental companies accept due to safety and environmental reasons. Here at D. Barry Rubbish, Inc., we do not accept oils, liquid paint, gasoline, hazardous waste, ammunition, explosives, compressed gas cylinders, or oil tanks.
Tip: Always check the prohibited items list before throwing anything into the bin.
- Ignoring Additional Fees: It’s common for dumpster rental companies to charge additional fees to haul some specific items. At D. Barry Rubbish, Inc., we charge extra hauling fees on items like propane tanks, car/truck tires, and televisions. This isn’t just a company policy; it’s a reflection of the additional processes required to safely and responsibly dispose of these items.
Tip: Inform us in advance if you’ll be disposing of these items so there are no surprise costs.
- Skimping on Placement Planning: The location of your dumpster matters. Ensure the spot you’ve chosen is easily accessible and won’t cause damage to your property or become a nuisance to neighbors.
Tip: If you’re uncertain about placement, our experienced team can provide suggestions.
- Overloading: Every dumpster has its weight limit. Overloading not only poses risks to the transporting vehicle but can also lead to extra fees.
Tip: Spread your waste evenly, and if you think you’re nearing the limit, it’s time to stop or consider getting an additional container.
To conclude, while renting a dumpster is straightforward, avoiding these common mistakes ensures a hassle-free experience. And remember, when you choose D. Barry Rubbish Inc., you’re opting for years of experience and impeccable service. We’re more than just a rental company; we’re your partners in efficient waste management.
Looking for the best dumpster rental in Westchester, Dutchess, and Putnam counties? Choose D. Barry Rubbish Inc.— Your trash is our treasure!